Saturday, February 6, 2010

Okay so I think I've decided what I'm going to use this blog for.

Last year I heard about the Great Walk from a customer of mine at work. It sounded interesting and I looked into it further and decided that this would be something I would like to try. I've never been to that part of Vancouver Island and I love hiking and needed something to motivate me back into shape. So I spoke to my Dad and my regular hiking buddy and tried to find someone who wanted to go with me. My Dad agreed. May buddy already had previous commitments for that date. I am now training for the illustrious burning boot award.

I plan on using the blog to keep a record of my training and accomplishments. To set goals. And have a record of this journey.

The Great Walk is a 63.5Km walk that goes from Gold River to Tahsis. I have not decided if I plan on doing the pledge for charity. I would also need to consider what charity I would like to support. You can find out more about this walk here.

I started my training today with a walk that I estimate to have been about 7km long. I have thought about some routes for training around my neighbourhood and tried to figure out how to schedule this training into my daily and weekly routines. Tomorrow I will post my goals.


No comments: