Sunday, February 7, 2010

I have realized that even though I am in better shape than I have been in a long time I will have a long way to go if I plan on finishing this walk in the allotted amount of time. So it's time to set some goals.

  • Make time to walk.
  • Join Heather and Richard at work for their lunch time walk as often as my shift allows. Heather sets a great pace and the route usually takes approx 40 mins.
  • Get up and go on weekends. Getting up early will also help keep me on a more regular schedule which should help with Monday mornings and the walks start time of 4am.
  • Get the proper gear and practice with it so I know exactly what I want and need with me.
  • Lose 12lbs. Only 3lbs per month. This will decrease the amount of impact on my joints.
  • Improve my core and overall strength.
  • Improve my flexibility.
  • And probably the most difficult challenge for me will be to quit smoking. I will be working to decrease the amount I smoke over the next 3 weeks and have set a quit date of March 1st.
Today I completed a 1 hour walk and maintained a quick pace. It was raining and this made me realize that having the proper equipment and clothing for the weather could have a huge impact on how successful I am. Based on the time and estimated distance I travelled today I would finish the walk in about 15 hours maintaining that pace throughout without stopping. I have to finish the official walk in 16 hours to receive the burning boot award. This is going to be a considerable challenge.

1 comment:

Wandering Coyote said...

What??? You smoke?????

This is a great goal, Aqua, and I wish you all the best! You go girl!