Thursday, March 11, 2010

Well I haven't been walking much in the last 2 weeks. I've have a horrible cough and been on antibiotics and just haven't felt up to it. On a positive note I have quit smoking for 12 days. I think this also has something to do with the lack of motivation I've been experiencing. I just don't seem to know what to do with myself. My routine is just plain out of whack. The worst part though is that I'm eating. Could be the time of the month, quitting smoking or the crappy weather, but I just crave junk food. Potato chips mostly but a strange change to the sweet as well. Can't seem to get enough chocolate. Got to get this under control fast.

I've also had trouble contacting the people running The Great Walk event. I sent in my registration and forms over 2 weeks ago and the cheque has not been withdrawed from my account. I have phoned and left a message and sent an email. No confirmation that they received it at all. The last time I spoke to my Dad he had not heard from them either and was going to attempt to contact them. The people who have done this walk in previous years and were kind enough to let me know about this event have all given rave reviews about how organized everything was. I have to wonder if someone new has taken over. I'm getting frustrated. Right now it doesn't take much to get me frustrated.

This weekend my parents are here for a visit and I'm sure my Dad is going to want to spend some time walking or hiking. This I hope will be a kick back on track. My Dad has been walking to and from work everyday which is about an hour each direction. Way to go Dad!

No comments: